Laundry sink waste into standpipe

Users who are viewing this thread

icebear

Reaction score
I'm located in New Jersey and would like to add a laundry sink beside my basement laundry machines and understand that it might be possible for the waste to be tied into the existing standpipe.

Since the horizontal 2" pipe sits at around 28" from the floor (and I assume the waste for most utility sinks will sit at around 24 inches), is my only option a utility sink pump, and if so, where would I tie this into the existing standpipe structure?

Unfortunately the pipe cannot be lowered.

Attachments

• IMG_5122.jpg
    IMG_5122.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 182

DirtyJerz

Reaction score
Welcome, we discussed this a few weeks ago here https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/adding-utility-sink-to-laundry-standpipe.105564/

Per DCA consult, since the standpipe does not appear to be vented, you cannot add a sink to it as-is because current codes do not allow unvented standpipes or utility sinks.

Therefore your options are to add a sink if you can vent it and the standpipe to match current code or to remove the standpipe and install a sink with an AAV.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks