Kohler Wellworth problem

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Buttercup, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Buttercup

Buttercup New Member

I have a Kohler Wellworth 6 litre toilet that has a problem because the tank does not stop filling and
    water flows into the overflow drain. The float comes up half way and stops. You hear water
    flowing after you flush and it does not stop on its own. Should I replace the whole float and shut off valve mechanism, do I need to buy a new toilet, or is there another solution? The toilet
    is about 8 years old.

Thanks for your help!

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Replace the Fill valve with a new Fludmaster 400A, while you are in there replace the supply line and flapper as well.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Kohler toilets are not a favorite among the regulars on this forum, but if this toilet has been working well for you the past 8 years, then a new fill valve and flapper should bring it back to its original condition. All toilet eventually have to have these components replaced.
  4. Buttercup

Buttercup New Member

Thank you Redwood and Gary!
    This has been very helpful.
    I replaced and put in a new fill valve and flapper as you suggested and the toilet works perfectly.