kohler "popup-less" tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike_J

Reaction score
My kohler bathtub has one of those internal stopper systems with no pop-up and just a strainer covering the hole. For tubs that are used for bathing, this seems unsanitary since the germs and nasty gunk in the drain hole have a free path straight into the bath water. Is it possible to retrofit a proper pop-up stopper? I'm not sure of the model but it seems to be the same as the 'Villager' style tub except that it has a normal up-and-down stopper lever instead of the spinning control they seem to use now.

Mike J.
Boston

Clayton

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your waste and overflow assembly can most likely be converted to an inexpensive lift & turn or toe touch style pop-up drain. However to convert it to a pop-up style that still uses the trip lever or turn style lever mounted on the overflow would most likely be more expensive and would depend on the style or manufacturer of the waste and overflow assembly you currently have.

My recommendation.... remove the entire waste and overflow drain assembly and replace it with a Geberit drain assembly.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

The simple installation is the change it to a push/pull drain. To convert it to a trip lever or other remote operator such as a Gerberit, requires that the drain assembly behind and under the tub be changed and that is not always easy, and sometimes it is impossible, to do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks