Kohler Memoir Toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by missin44, Nov 20, 2006.

1. missin44

missin44 New Member

I have a unique problem. I want to replace my old toilet. The problem is the the bathroom has a hardwood floor and the old toilet instead of sitting on the hardwood floor actually sits on the sub-flooring. The hardwood was trimmed to fit around the base of the toilet, it's base is rectangular. This limits the number of toilets I can retro-fit without a lot of work. After going to Loew's I found that the Kohler Memoir K-4254 / K-4454 should work, it has a rectangular base. Any idea what to expect with this toilet?
  2. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

No, because I would repair the floor and sit the toilet on a finished floor.
  3. Mike50

Mike50 DIY Senior Member

Good choice.
    I have the memoirs 2 piece toilet. Good clean wash-good flush. Very happy with it.
    You need feedback from the pros.
    Floor issues will remain--I don't care how good your toilet is.

The memoirs has a large footprint-very substantial.
    I'm guessing you want that large footprint to cover up some wood floor damage...?

The matching sink is a big compliment in that suite BTW.

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecata...tem=508202&prod_num=Memoirs Suite&category=77

2 choices-either classic or stately design.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  4. missin44

missin44 New Member

The floor is not damaged, it's that the footprint of the Kohler fits almost perfectly in the cut out that was done for the old toilet.