Kohler Kitchen Faucet ?

Users who are viewing this thread

WV Hillbilly

Reaction score
I have a kohler kitchen faucet that has two o - rings that seal the spout . The spout swivels . The faucet was leaking from underneath the spout . I removed the spout , removed the o-rings & cleaned everything . I used faucet grease on the o-rings & corresponding spout areas & put everything back together . The spout now is much harder to swivel from side to side & still leaks a little bit . I found the o-rings online but shipping is about $8.00 . Seemed absurd to charge that much to ship two rubber o-rings so thought I would try to find them locally . Any ideas where I might be able to buy them locally ? I bought the faucet at lowes & their website doesn't show any repair parts for the faucet I have . Could be they have them at the store & not on the website , I haven't looked at the store yet . Should I have used something besides faucet grease to lubricate the o-rings with ? The faucet has never been that hard to swivel before .

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
seals

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of different sized "O" rings, and if you do not have the exact dimensions, (i.e., i.d., o.d., and thickness), for the ones you need, they will not work. And then you have some which look like "O" rings but are actually "foursquare" washers.

WV Hillbilly

Reaction score
Sure do . 10412-CP It's a Forte . The repair kit I found online is KOHGP30420 . Also just for the 0-RINGS I have this # . 71118 1.549X.103,#129.BU

What about the faucet grease ?

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Okay the O-Rings are #129 0-Rings which you can buy at almost anyplace that sells them, hardware stores, auto parts stores etc.

Use plumbers grease.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks