kohler k304 valve off but water coming ou

Users who are viewing this thread

Shastings68

Reaction score
i have just installed my kohler k304 shower valve. while testing it, when i put the water on, water comes out of the shower head when the valve is off.

what did i do wrong? i have the screw turned completely to the left in the off position, but when i turn on the water, with the valve off, it is coming out of the shower head.... please help it is brand new,...
i capped the tub valve as their is no tub.

Sluggo

Reaction score
Does this valve have soldered connections? If so, did you remove the valve innards to protect them from heat damage while soldering? And did you position the valve when soldering to prevent solder from dripping internally into the passageways of the valve body?

Shastings68

Reaction score
threaded connection. the valve was not opened up at all. it is as it was received. should i pull it apart and check o rings?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks