Kohler canaster valve

Users who are viewing this thread

RonL2

Reaction score
The canaster in my Kohler toilet seems to be falling to fast.
The bowl does not fill to where it should. If I hold the handle for a few seconds, letting more water out of the tank, this allows the toilet to fill longer, letting the bowl fill to its natural fill level. Is there a way to slow the canaster from falling so quickly ? Or do I need to replace the whole canaster assembly? If I need anew canaster, can the top just be removed like your replacing the seal, and a new canaster snapped in ? Or do I need to take the tank off and put a complete assembly in ? (Or just hold the handle for a few seconds more .... :) )

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could try shortening the chain. To me it sounds like the canister isn't being lifted high enough to let the water rush in.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Kohler will typically send you a new complete assembly if you really want to get into the weeds. Typically lifetime warranty.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks