Knocking pipe and water "spitting" in highest shower in house

Users who are viewing this thread

Gramps

Reaction score
Hello,
I have 2 issues that may be related as numbered below.

1. I have a pipe that creates a single knock in the highest shower in the house whenever some high volume water is turned on, this happens at the same location always (upstairs shower) when fixutres through the house are turned on in high volume water. we have copper everywhere.

I have a plumber coming by to look at it tomorrow and to fix other unrelated items. Could this cause a leak in the copper joints? Any thoughts on possible solutions?

2. Periodically, the same shower (where the knock occurs and is the highest fixture in the house) spits out maybe a 1/4 cup of water. It happens maybe 5 times a day. this fixture also has a pressure equalized valve from Grohe. Can this be caused by high pressure changes in the water mains? what are some possible solutions for this?

Thanks,
Gramps

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks