Kitchen sink drainage issue..

Users who are viewing this thread

bballtwenty2

Reaction score
-I replaced my double kitchen sink for a single sink.
-Now the water drains slow, gargles, and washer machine slightly backs up into it. It has been going on for a few years and has gotten no better or worse.
-I've had multiple plumbers come clean the drain lines, and check the vent pipe to no avail.
-I started researching and found that an "aav" couple possibly solve the issue or at least i hope!
-I really think the issue is a venting issue since the draining was not a problem with the double sinks.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Reach4

Reaction score
Bad venting does not cause slow draining. There is a different problem.

1. Where is that washing machine standpipe with respect to the kitchen drain? The problem sounds like a problem after where the sink drainage joins the washing machine drainage. 2. If you don't use the sink or washer overnight, and then drop a half gallon of water into the kitchen drain, does the water go down fine? If not, how about a quart? What I am getting at is if there is a clog, the more water the pipes accept quickly, the farther the clog is.

Consider posting photo that shows the bottom of the sink and the exit into the wall and the trap... I am not a plumber.

bballtwenty2

Reaction score
Bad venting does not cause slow draining. There is a different problem.

1. Where is that washing machine standpipe with respect to the kitchen drain? The problem sounds like a problem after where the sink drainage joins the washing machine drainage. 2. If you don't use the sink or washer overnight, and then drop a half gallon of water into the kitchen drain, does the water go down fine? If not, how about a quart? What I am getting at is if there is a clog, the more water the pipes accept quickly, the farther the clog is.

Consider posting photo that shows the bottom of the sink and the exit into the wall and the trap... I am not a plumber.

-The washer machine is in the next room over.
-Now if you were to run water in the kitchen sink it drains for a second, then starts to slow down and back up.
-While filling up the sink if I suction cover the drain then remove the suction once the sink fills the water drains super fast. One it drains though I hear a gurgle.

bballtwenty2

Reaction score
Here is a pick of my plumbing for that sink. Like I said the washer machine is on this drain behind the wall and also the dishwasher.

Attachments

• IMG_4014.JPG
    IMG_4014.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 197

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
-The washer machine is in the next room over.
-Now if you were to run water in the kitchen sink it drains for a second, then starts to slow down and back up.
-While filling up the sink if I suction cover the drain then remove the suction once the sink fills the water drains super fast. One it drains though I hear a gurgle.
Take a picture. I had this happen once. Turns out there was a ptrap under the sink and another one in the crawl space

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks