Kitchen mop sink rough in codes

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by dirtygold, Jan 21, 2011.

1. dirtygold

dirtygold New Member

I have a mop sink with a 3" drain do I make a peetrap out of 3'' abs or do I need a grease trap.
    and how tall do I put the faucet up of floor I live in alaska if that maters.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Whether you use an ABS "P" trap, not one made out of fittings, or a grease trap depends on your health department's requirements. It depends on WHAT is going into the mop sink and how they define it. We cannot make that decision for them. The faucet goes wherever you want it to, but usually between 36" and 42" above the floor, and the faucet also has specific specifications for its design.