Kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

neverfollow

Reaction score
i am looking to replace the kitchen faucet, i was wondering if someone can recommend a reliability brand. Some have recommended
moen, delta, kohler.... also, how are the ones with gooseneck with a pull out spray as my old one is the simple single handle faucet.

BizzyBeePlumbing

Reaction score
Grohe is a great product, they have come out with an "Everyday Line" which has a much better price point for the average customer. Also, if you do a goose neck, with a pull out sprayer, get one with a magnet , it holds the sprayer head in nice and after time will insure that it goes back in place and stays in place. Delta has a few on the market.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I am partial to PricePfister, followed by Delta and American Standard. 15 other plumbers on the board here will chime in with 17 different answers! I will say that I am NOT fond of pull out sprays, and their longevity, and in that type of Faucet, the Grohe probably stands out and may be worth the price.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I ended up with a Grohe unit - LadyLux in (real) SS (now about 10-years old and going strong). The plumbing fixture store was really pushing KWC stuff. They make the local (USA) manufacturers look like basement operations...they're huge in the rest of the world. I liked the style of the Grohe better, but they both have a large range of styles.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
Curved springs around a fixed-length hose (which doesn't pull out) allow you to point the sprayer to rinse the sink down. They pivot too, so you can place a colander of greens under the spray and walk away to go do other things in the kitchen. The KWC Sin Highflex has a curved hard rubber spout that springs back after you move it around. The idea is that you have the advantages of the pull-down or pull-out hose without the disadvantages. I should add that the spring or flexible hose is to let you pointthe sprayer, but that the same functionality can be acquired for less than $10 with an add-on ball joint sprayer. There is also a faucet by Giagni that has a built-in ball joint and a handle in the front. Very "handy". "Easy access" key words for web search.

But, honestly it only takes a fixed-length spout that pivots and has one kind of water flow a straight jet, not a toggle to switch to spray. That is all one needs to have most or all of the functionality that one truly works with. One might dream of more but not use it much in real life after installing it.

Let us know what you pick.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; in that type of Faucet, the Grohe probably stands out and may be worth the price.

The ONLY pull out faucets which I have had to repair/replace the hose, HAVE been Grohes. I recommend, and use myself, Price Pfister, but the Delta "touch on, touch off" ones are tempting me to replace mine.

Last edited:

neverfollow

Reaction score
"Curved springs around a fixed-length hose (which doesn't pull out) allow you to point the sprayer to rinse the sink down."

geniescience- i was wondering if you have an example of this type of faucet as i am thinking that pull out spray faucets might break easier and the one u mention has the
advantage of pull out spray.

The faucets i have look at are the ones at home depot so far. the main brand there are: moen, delta, kohler, price pfister, etc.

i am looking for a reliable one....

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I put a Delta unit in my mother's house last Christmas - her old unit was a Delta that lasted 30+ years, and she hates to change. I have a Grohe unit (about 10-years old, no problems so far) in my home. They both seem to work well. Both of them have a pull-out head that can be switched to spray mode. The Grohe came with a long spring around the hose to help it retract cleanly. The Delta has a big ring weight on it that, the way the plumbing is underneath, could get caught on things, but can work well. The weight needs to slide back and forth as you pull the thing out and put it back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks