Kitchen Faucet sprayer not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Ben VanH

Reaction score
Hello - I have a kitchen faucet sprayer which is not working at all. I've taken it apart piece by piece and still can't find the issue. I'm guessing it might be the diverter but I'm not able to find that piece. I'll add some pictured below of the faucet, sprayer, under the sink view of the hose to the sprayer and the faucet cartridge (which I just replaced to see if that was the issue). I am not able to identify the brand or maker of the faucet and have searched for a couple house on google for something similar and can't find it. The thing is heavy though - weighs a good 10-15 pounds.

Here is what I've done to trouble shoot the issue.
1) Removed the sprayer line and sprayer head to make sure there is no issue there. I'm not getting water through the unit (it used to get very low pressure - now it's getting none).
2) I removed the 90 degree link between the stem dropping from the faucet which connects the faucet stem to the sprayer hose. This item is not a clear pass through and has a restrictor in there but seems to be functioning properly (meaning when I blow air through it it opens). This may be the issue but I couldn't find this part anywhere.
3) I removed the old faucet cartridge and replaced it with a new one (the pictures attached are the old cartridge and the part for the new one I purchase - they're identical).
4) I've seen that the diverter can be an issue but I cannot locate where it is or if there is one on the faucet. Under the faucet the hot and cold braided lines drop down and then there is about a 6 inch stem which drops down for the sprayer - it's difficult to see where these three attach to the faucet as they're receded up into the faucet itself.

Attachments

• IMG_20150222_104117_707.jpg
    IMG_20150222_104117_707.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20150222_104217_687.jpg
    IMG_20150222_104217_687.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20150222_105430_293.jpg
    IMG_20150222_105430_293.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20150222_105441_750.jpg
    IMG_20150222_105441_750.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20150222_105519_293.jpg
    IMG_20150222_105519_293.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20150222_105558_137.jpg
    IMG_20150222_105558_137.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 172

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a diverter somewhere. Sometimes it will be located where the sprayer tees into the line or in the faucet body.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The diverter has to be somewhere in the water path between the junction of the hot and cold water and the spout outlet, which limits is locations. Its only function is to turn off the water to the spout when the spray is used, so IF it is not in the faucet body at the cartridge, it has to be in the spout, sometimes behind the aerator.

Ben VanH

Reaction score
Ok - I'm going to see if I can check the two straight (directly above cartridge area and then the spout) areas above the cartridge to see if they can be removed and it possibly in there.

Ben VanH

Reaction score
hj, so it has to be closer to the spout outlet (A) in the below labeled picture? A being the spout, B & C being the straight areas I was referring to, and D being the location of the cartridge.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 186

Reach4

Reaction score
hj, so it has to be closer to the spout outlet (A) in the below labeled picture? A being the spout, B & C being the straight areas I was referring to, and D being the location of the cartridge.

I am thinking you may want to take a picture of the underside where the sprayer hose meets the rest of the assembly.

Ben VanH

Reaction score
Here is a look at it. I might need to take the unit out again and get to the root of where the hot and cold water in and the stem down from the unit for the sprayer connect to the main faucet.....

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 184

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Once it gets UNDER the faucet, it is too far away from the spout to shut off its water, and that is ALL a diverter does. The diverter is WHEREVER the sprayer connection AND the spout merge. I would expect it to be where C&D come apart.

Ben VanH

Reaction score
Thanks Smooky - I had contacted Danze before and they said it's not there's. I did look through the illustrated Parts list previously too and it looks like it would be in the main vertical above where the cartridge goes. I was determined to get that untwisted and end up scratching that shaft pretty bad from the vise grips I had (I did use a rubber cooking pad as a buffer). I couldn't get it to open up anywhere above the cartridge. I'm going to take off that bottom elbow with the limiter in it and post a picture (probably soak it in vinegar too). I'm lost on where the thing is or how I can get it open....

Sluggo

Reaction score
Have you looked everywhere for a manufacturer name or logo? I recently had a faucet that was acting up and finally found a Moen logo on the backside of the faucet just above the counter. Another time I found the name on the bottom side of a spout. If you could identify it and it has a lifetime warranty, you might be able to simply get a free replacement of the entire thing.