Kinetico Float Adjustment

Users who are viewing this thread

Drewsonian

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently moved my Kinetico Model 60 softener as a part of remodeling my basement. It was working well before the move. However, I think I may have inadvertently changed the float height setting because after moving the softener, we are now running out of soft water just before each regeneration cycle starts. I've found a few manuals online that describe letter based settings like D/G/H/J, but my brine well does not have "tabs" like most of these describe and no letters at all. There is a grid in the bottom of the tank. There are slots on the sides of the brine well, but the only adjustment that I can find are lines on the float cup assembly rod. Is there a measurement or one of these lines that I should be making sure that the float cup is set to? Also, do these lines correspond with the salt dosage? I've also considered changing out the disc (currently have a #5), but I want to get the float setting right to see if that changes anything.

Thanks for your help!
Drew

GoWater

Reaction score
The lines do correspond with the salt dosage.
Attach a picture of the float assembly and I can help you.

Brad Mich

Reaction score
The lines do correspond with the salt dosage.
Attach a picture of the float assembly and I can help you.
Hi Go Water!

Have a question if you don’t mind? I purchased and never adjusted the new brine tank “Adjuster Tube Setting” or “Float Cup” setting. I have a Model 60 with #7 disc and a 36”x18” Brine tank.

Do you happen to know what “Letter” is should set for the Adjuster Tube…and what “Height” I should set for the Cup?

Will be truly appreciated!

Thanks- Mark

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
Hi Go Water!

Have a question if you don’t mind? I purchased and never adjusted the new brine tank “Adjuster Tube Setting” or “Float Cup” setting. I have a Model 60 with #7 disc and a 36”x18” Brine tank.

Do you happen to know what “Letter” is should set for the Adjuster Tube…and what “Height” I should set for the Cup?

Will be truly appreciated!

Thanks- Mark
You need to test your water hardness with a Hach Kit 5-B. Dont waste any time or money on strips.. The kit is very accurate. That will determine if the Disc Setting is correct. If so there should be a corresponding float cup setting for the amount of salt needed per the disc and Hardness
Model 60 Kinetico Salt.jpg