Kenmore water softener 480 timer settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

tjcaria

Reaction score
I bought a used timer control for my Kenmore 625.388480 softener it looked the same as the original so I took a chance because I couldn't find the original timer. My owner’s manual say to use HF36 setting but I only see HF39. There is no HF36 in the settings so I ran a test using HF39 and let the softener run to see if the error-1 message went away and it did. The softener ran through all the movements and ended "without" getting an error message. I think this HF setting number is just about the timing and how long each movement of the cycles should run.
I maybe be wrong.
My question… is this setting ok to use? I’m thinking this setting shouldn't make too much of a difference as long as it's a little longer time for each cycle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks