Kenmore salt level indicator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Oldyellr

Reaction score
I have a Kenmore Deluxe Demand water softener, model 625.75822 I installed about 19 years ago. Other than Lately it appears that the the brine tank rupturing just inside the 10-year warranty period, it's given me no problems. I've replaced a few regular service parts over that time. Lately it looks like the salt level indicator on the read-out isn't working. I adjust it to where I fill the salt (7 in this case) but after sever recharge cycles the indicator has stayed the the same, whereas the actual salt level has dropped to between 5 and 6. I presume the level indicator goes down based on the number of recharge cycles until it reaches the alarm level set, when the low salt light comes on. But it does not seem to be going down. I realize it's not the end of the world because I just have to open the lid to see the level, but is this something I can fix?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks