Johnson Tee Setup with Window

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert McNeil

Reaction score
I have been reading through the threads on Johnson Tees. I was not aware of them until recently. I attached a picture of my current drain setup. I have a window above where the sink will be and the top of the sil framing is at 41-1/4” from the subfloor. The dishwasher will be to the left of the sink. I have seen suggestions that the cleanout be between the two tees when installing the double fixture fitting. However, where it stands now the dishwasher would cover a cleanout. I am wondering what my options are for making a johnson tee work. Thanks all.

Attachments

• 4692DEB4-6B17-49AD-A74D-6097047B4F8A.jpeg
    4692DEB4-6B17-49AD-A74D-6097047B4F8A.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 155

Robert McNeil

Reaction score
Would it be ok to move the waste drain and double tee over to the left since I have a crawl space below. And angle up and to the right with the vent. That way I could keep the cleanout on the inside and put it in the cabinet to the left of the dishwasher.

Attachments

• 4AF1EC22-82CE-4BA5-A032-7B740CB75643.jpeg
    4AF1EC22-82CE-4BA5-A032-7B740CB75643.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 155

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Never plumbed a Johnson tee but if you want one the way I see is remove santee put a double fixture santee the stud to left of your 2 inch stack leave alone but the second stud move to allow a ptrap in the bay then run stand pipe to correct height .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks