Isolation Valve

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by mark11, Aug 24, 2010.

1. mark11

mark11 New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    buffalo ny
    Good Morning Everyone. I just found the forum and have a ton to read. I'm remodeling one of our bathrooms and taking out a one piece tub/shower and replacing it with a tiled walkin shower. The hot and cold shower supplies don't have isolation valves and I'd like to add them before the mixer valve. This way I can shut off the main for just a few minutes while I sweat in the valves and turn the main back on while I continue working on the mixing valve and remainder of the bath.

I can put the valves in the plumbing wall with access from the opposite side of the wall. I don't know if I want gate valves, ball valves or stop valves though. Any help is appreciated.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    ball valves inside an access opening. We usually do not bother with them, because we could have the valve connected in just a little more time.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. DrunkPlumber

DrunkPlumber Licensed Plumber

Jul 29, 2010
    What he said.