Isolation Valve

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by mark11, Aug 24, 2010.

1. mark11

mark11 New Member

Good Morning Everyone. I just found the forum and have a ton to read. I'm remodeling one of our bathrooms and taking out a one piece tub/shower and replacing it with a tiled walkin shower. The hot and cold shower supplies don't have isolation valves and I'd like to add them before the mixer valve. This way I can shut off the main for just a few minutes while I sweat in the valves and turn the main back on while I continue working on the mixing valve and remainder of the bath.

I can put the valves in the plumbing wall with access from the opposite side of the wall. I don't know if I want gate valves, ball valves or stop valves though. Any help is appreciated.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

ball valves inside an access opening. We usually do not bother with them, because we could have the valve connected in just a little more time.
  3. DrunkPlumber

DrunkPlumber Licensed Plumber

What he said.