Is this a correct wet venting design ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mini Me

Reaction score
hey guys thanks for using my thread for your fencing match :)
you left me wet (not vented) and confused

What is your advice for me, using layman's terms please

Reach4

Reaction score
hey guys thanks for using my thread for your fencing match :)
you left me wet (not vented) and confused

What is your advice for me, using layman's terms please
The discussion was whether you could go to 1-1/2 instead of 2 inch for drains and wet vents under various codes. If you wanted to use 2 inch, that would be moot. So do you want to use 1-1/2 if allowed? Everybody allows 2.

Since you are under Ontario plumbing code, and the people involved don't know Ontario plumbing code, the discussion became generic.

Do you have a remaining question? If your question is if your drawings are right, no they are not complete for some important stuff. They don't show the types of fittings and directions of the curves.

Mini Me

Reaction score
Let's ignore the directions of the curves for now
I had three questions:
1- first diagram posted in the thread, assume all pipes 1-1/2 -is that a valid wet design ?
2-second diagram: what if I do not build the green segment in the first diagram (scratched out in the second diagram) and I go along the wall (1) all the way to point (2) to reuse a pipe that is there (that is where the lavatory was initially)
3- will any of the above work if I I go 2" all the way?

Reach4

Reaction score
1-first: In https://i.stack.imgur.com/63AxH.png Don't know. That is what the majority of the discussion was about. 1.5 or 2...

2-second. In https://i.imgur.com/qexe4Yw.png I don't see a point 1 or point 2 labeled. But the venting of the lower toilet is needed. So if your "1" and "2" wording address venting the toilet before joining the stack, maybe.

3. I think "first" works if we presume a vent for the lavatory. I think second does not work because toilet is not vented per normal rules. Bring the bath+lav drain around to join the toilet before the stack, and that works for everybody.

Mini Me

Reaction score
I thought 2-second is in fact this one, sorry (in my mind it was the second option)

f7KwQrq.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks