Advice on a Wet Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

DennyReno

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am undertaking a bathroom renovation. (1 WC, 1 Lav and 1 Tub.) My intention is to move the Lav to the opposite side of the room. Bathroom is basically down to the studs now. Looks like all cast iron plumbing and vent (house is 1890).

As it stand the WC drains directly to the soil stack with a 4 inch cast iron vent coming off that. The Lav and Tub are currently separate 2 inch pipe that run to the soil stack. In this setup I would assume they are both wet vents. If I move the Lav to the other side of the room it would probably have to be on a wet vent with the tub. Does this seem feasible with this current setup or does this situation require a complete overhaul/update. Photo attached so you can see what I’m working with.

Appreciate the thoughts!

Attachments

• 8B0F0033-36F6-40CF-A582-7C22FA470D0D.jpeg
    8B0F0033-36F6-40CF-A582-7C22FA470D0D.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 61
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks