Irrigation winterization question

Users who are viewing this thread

JordanA

Reaction score
IMG_0108.jpeg
Hi there,

Thank you in advance!

After paying a professional for the last couple years I figured I would winterize the system myself. Have a question as I think I am missing something key.

I have turned off the water supply circled in red. I am leaving on the valve that goes to the irrigation system circled in blue. To do the blow out, I have to push down on a black air/water relief valve? Circled in yellow. Not sure what it is…and manually put air in the system by holding the end of the air compressor hose over the black relief valve.

When that black relief valve is depressed I get a stream of water coming out. I am not sure why that is and why it has enough pressure to create a stream. Is something still under pressure?

I have 4 zones and I did the first zone but every time I move the air compressor, I get a stream of water coming out.

Any idea what I missed?

Thank you
Jordan

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
View attachment 95148Hi there,
………I have 4 zones and I did the first zone but every time I move the air compressor, I get a stream of water coming out.

Any idea what I missed?

Thank you
Jordan
??? Do you mean you move the compressor to a different zone? Where is the stream of water coming from?

If any of the sprinklers are at higher ground, water will flow down hill.

Is the air compressor connection before or after the zone valve? If it’s before you must operate that valve or open the bleed stem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks