iron in water

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by afrye707, Oct 30, 2013.

1. afrye707

afrye707 New Member

I have dissolved iron in my water the house has 6 full bathrooms and 2 kitchens. I was told that a reverse osmosis would slow down my GPM in the house. What would be the best water treatment solution for my house.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

While you might want to use revers osmosis for drinking, many people don't like that it has no taste at all.

You might want to post in the water softener forum and use the search function. There are ways to remove iron from your water. Depends on the concentration, which method(s) work best. Have you had your water tested so you have some numbers?
  3. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

You want to have numbers. City water? They probably publish numbers. Private well? Get your water tested.