Iron Curtain 2.0, Water still smells...

Users who are viewing this thread

jgeaney

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I purchased a forclosure in October (2013). There is a Hellenbrand Iron Curtain 2.0 system that was installed when the home was built in 2007. I never met the prior homeowner so I was not able to ask any questions about the maintenance history, or required maintenance. I have read through the Iron Curtain manuals, and have the regeneration set to every six hours to maximize my chances of eliminating the hydrogen sulfide. My water still has a very obvious egg smell.
The smell is mainly in the cold water, but it also occurs from time to time in the hot water while showering.

Is there a maintenance procedure that I can perform on the system? I would prefer to learn how to maintain the system on my own rather than having someone do it for me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

jgeaney

Reaction score
I had a well water test completed before I purchased the home (mortgage required it) and it came back clean. However I will have to review the results to see what bacteria were tested for.

If there is bacteria in the plumbing, would shocking the system be an appropriate method to kill the bacteria...and hopefully the smell?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks