Iron Boss and Water Softener

Users who are viewing this thread

mrt049

Reaction score
I have well water with a softening system and a separate tank called an Iron Boss. I don't know much about it but does anyone know if the Iron Boss should regenerate before or after the water softener? Also, how much time should I leave in between the end of the water softener finishing regeneration and the start of the iron boss? Thanks!!

Reach4

Reaction score
It probably does not matter, but I would tend to make the iron filter regenerate at 2 AM and the softener at 2:30 -- for example.

mrt049

Reaction score
It probably does not matter, but I would tend to make the iron filter regenerate at 2 AM and the softener at 2:30 -- for example.
Ok, For some reason the Iron Boss is set to regenerate after the softener. But I would probably set it to 2AM and 3AM as the Iron Boss takes about an hour to regenerate and I don't think I'm supposed to have both regenerating at the same time.

Reach4

Reaction score
I agree. I was incorrectly presuming that the Iron Boss backwashing iron filter would not take so long. My backwashing iron+softener filter takes about 20 minutes. So I have mine set to 2:30 and 3:00.