Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by ally68, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. ally68

    ally68 New Member

    Question will regular home owners insurance cover damage from leaking or burst pipes and or water heater?

  2. jimbo

    jimbo Plumber

    San Diego
    This is a legal question, SO take any advice you get here with a grain of salt.

    The way I understand MY OWN insurance policy, a sudden or catastrophic leak such as a burst pipe or fitting, a burst water heater, etc. is covered. SLOW leaks, such as a drip or minor leak even like a pinhole, which go on for a prolonged period of time and cause possibly enourmous damage which is only discovered later, this is NOT covered.

    I advise you to consult with your own insurance agent, and if necessary your lawyer, to determine what you coverage is.
  3. Jimbo is exactly right.
    And I have a real word of caution about trying to collect insurance on a leak.
    There are MAJOR issues with mold due to leaks, and you could find your insurance canceled at some point if you even contact them about it, much less file a claim.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2005
Similar Threads: insurance
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Sewer / Water Line Insurance Sponsered by the City Jan 29, 2013
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice "Big Blue" Insurance Oct 21, 2009
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Insurance provider in CA? Mar 8, 2008
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Self-Employed Insurance Feb 6, 2008
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice General liability insurance question Jul 20, 2007

Share This Page