Installing New Outside Spigot

Users who are viewing this thread

Tiberious

Reaction score
I have one outside spigot on my house. I would like to add another one on the other side of the house so that I don't have to drag the hose so far. My house is on a crawl with access to the pipes below. How should I go about doing this?? I would like the faucet to be frost proof too if possible. Should I just find a pipe to T off of and run an extension to where I want the faucet and punch a hole?

Thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's about all you have to do. If you want a the most volume of water possible, use 3/4" pipe for those outside lines and keep them independent of the household lines. If you don't already know this, never leave a hose connected to a frost free in the winter time. The valve will not drain and will freeze and break inside.

Agewon

Reaction score
I just installed new ones in my house and its pretty easy if you have even the basic plumbing skills. If you go to home depot, look for the quater turn spigots that come in various lenhths. if you have the room, get the longets one they have. These units have the valve located on the inside of the house so that when off, the water point is inside the house and not the end of the spogot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks