Installing multiple fixtures in a loop

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Mad Plumber, May 30, 2011.

1. Mad Plumber

Mad Plumber Mad Skills

Terry,
    this is my first post on this site.
    I am not a plumber/electrician. I am a toolmaker and have used both for moldmaking purposes.
    I am trying to build a shower with 3 spray jets, 1 rainshower and 1 handheld. All attached to a 3/4 in Kohler thermostatic valve.
    The manifold Kohler makes is great, but expensive.
    Instead, i want to create a loop for these 5 valves.
    Never will i have all these on at once. I figure i will max out hot water at 5.7gal/min with my eternal gs-150 tankless.
    My water pressure will handle at least this 5.7gal/min max capacity.
    I wish to control my own valves and have 5 control valves one for each fixture.

My concern is being able to secure the valves and creation of a loop that will allow fairly good balance without a manifold. All the fixtures will go on one wall.
    My first thought is to create a metal plate, drill holes and fasten the valves and spray jets to it.
    I have access to a laser cutter.
    I may need to build a frame around the metal panel and attach it to the studs.
    Since i am not experienced at doing this type of work i need a professional opinion or suggestions.
    If you can give me that i would appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    mark
    http://www.terrylove.com/forums/member.php?45889-uptodate1
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Build the manifold, a plumber would do it as he went, and then solder the sections together wherever they meet. Install the manifold and anchor it to the wood framework as necessary.