Installing multiple fixtures in a loop

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Mad Plumber, May 30, 2011.

1. Mad Plumber

Mad Plumber Mad Skills

Plumming
    Terry,
    this is my first post on this site.
    I am not a plumber/electrician. I am a toolmaker and have used both for moldmaking purposes.
    I am trying to build a shower with 3 spray jets, 1 rainshower and 1 handheld. All attached to a 3/4 in Kohler thermostatic valve.
    The manifold Kohler makes is great, but expensive.
    Instead, i want to create a loop for these 5 valves.
    Never will i have all these on at once. I figure i will max out hot water at 5.7gal/min with my eternal gs-150 tankless.
    My water pressure will handle at least this 5.7gal/min max capacity.
    I wish to control my own valves and have 5 control valves one for each fixture.

My concern is being able to secure the valves and creation of a loop that will allow fairly good balance without a manifold. All the fixtures will go on one wall.
    My first thought is to create a metal plate, drill holes and fasten the valves and spray jets to it.
    I have access to a laser cutter.
    I may need to build a frame around the metal panel and attach it to the studs.
    Since i am not experienced at doing this type of work i need a professional opinion or suggestions.
    If you can give me that i would appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    mark
    http://www.terrylove.com/forums/member.php?45889-uptodate1

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    Build the manifold, a plumber would do it as he went, and then solder the sections together wherever they meet. Install the manifold and anchor it to the wood framework as necessary.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement