installing existing bathtub?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by troy, Apr 6, 2005.

1. troy

troy New Member

I need some advice...help...

I just took out my existing bathtub on the second floor so i could redo the tile around the frame that it sits on. Well, now im ready to have a plumber install the drain system and water lines....the waters lines are very accessible, but my question is:

Will a plumber be able to install the drain system from the bathroom, or will he have to cut a hole on the first floor ceiling? I want to find someone capable of doing it in the bathroom....is it that hard to do for someome licensed? He will probably need to lower the overflow and drain system an inch or so.

My shower is right next to the drain assemble and the walls are open because im redoing the shower too...

Lastly, does anyone know of a good plumber in the Sacramento, CA area?
    Thanks in advance!
  2. RioHyde

RioHyde Plumber

It can be done from the bathroom, but its a PIA. Much easier and quicker to get it from below.

Dont know anyone in the Sacramento, CA area...plumber or not. Sorry.

Good luck