Installing Burnham MPO IQ Boiler with more than two zones

Users who are viewing this thread

DPJ

Reaction score
Hi - Just trying to educate myself before I take the plunge and replace our old oil fired boiler. I'm just a homeowner with a basic knowledge of how these systems work, and am trying to learn more before I start meeting with contractors.

Our current setup is an old Burnham RS Steel boiler with tankless coil and two zones. I'm leaning toward replacing with a new MPO unit, and adding the AL35 indirect hw heater. In reading the Burnham literature, it states that the IQ controller handles two zones, with one being priority for the indirect. So with the new set-up I would now have three zones, including the new one for teh indirect. I'm just curious as to how the three zones will be controlled?

I'll probably have more Q's as time goes on, but I figured I'd start somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any help or info.

Don

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks