Installing back outlet toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Idaho Cabin

Reaction score
I am getting reading to do the rough-in for a back outlet toilet. I am not quite sure what to do.

I am assuming that I can use a standard closet flange hooked to a 3" sanitary tee. The only glitch I see is that this will make the flange stick too far out of the wall (even with 2x6 walls)?

I can fir the wall out to make-up the difference? Are there any other options? Am I missing something?

Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
flange

You are probably missing the part about how companies such as J R Smith make "carriers" for that application that will fit inside a wall.

Idaho Cabin

Reaction score
I should have specified that this is a floor-mount back outlet. It was my understanding that these do not need the carrier. Am I wrong? Is the carrier just to keep the plumbing in the wall?

Idaho Cabin

Reaction score
Still Trying to install floor mount, back outlet toilet

I talked with JR Smith. They do not have anything that can fit into a 2x6 wall cavity (http://www.jrsmith.com/index/smith_commercial_plumbing_products_index.htm). I also tried looking at other manufactures like Zurn. Still to luck.

What is the trick?

The best thing I am still coming up with is to use a standard sanitary tee with a closet flange. I will have to fir the wall out a couple of inces.

There must be a better way....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks