installing a sub-pump horizontally in my cisterna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeramiah

Reaction score
I would like to install my sub-pump horizontally. I read on this forum that you would need to adapt a cooling jacket of sorts to protect the motor from overheating and failing. My question is if the water intake or the pump itself is submerged in water and the float sensor is working can i for go the shroud or cooling jacket?

Bannerman

Reaction score
There is no IF as submersible pumps are designed to operate while fully submerged.

Regardless of whether the pump is mounted horizontally or vertically, because the pump will be drawing in water through the pump inlet which is typically located between the pump body and electric motor, without a shroud, there will often be minimal water flow across the motor to draw away the heat created while it is running.

The purpose of the cooling shroud is to ensure water will be continually flowing over the electric motor while the pump is operating since the water being drawn into the pump inlet, will need to enter the one open end of the shroud, which will be located at the motor end of the submersible pump.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Once you have the flow inducer sleeve installed on the pump, then you can lay it in a cradle as shown.

flow inducer install.jpg

Horizontal Bracket for Sub sized.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks