Installing a Bosch Dishwasher Q.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Mercyr, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Mercyr

Mercyr New Member

I have a Bosch dishwasher (model SHX36L) that I am trying to install. The machine has two flexible hoses coming out of it. One is at the bottom of the back side of the machine and is clearly the drain line. The other is the confounding one. It is in the middle of the right side of the machine and isn't mentioned in the installation manual. The hose is about 6' long and seems to be a vent line.

Can anyone tell me what this flexible hose is supposed to connect to?
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Could it be the water supply line?
  3. sulconst2

sulconst2 New Member

i thought the new dishwashers had a drain loop built in. so you dont have to loop the drain line up to the countertop to install. should be connected though!

ask bosch. here's the contact. let us know.

Bosch home appliances
    For assistance with your Bosch home appliances or to order spare parts, please call our Bosch Customer Service Telephone Line at:
    (800) 921-9622
    (Monday thru Friday 5:00 am to 8:00 pm PST; for U.S. and Canada only).