Installation of shower unit in corner

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by karlpenney, Oct 25, 2005.

1. karlpenney

karlpenney New Member

What is the common method for installing a one-piece shower or tub unit into an existing corner? One the side next to the existing wall do I just need a 2x4 stud like in the diagram to provide a fastening surface for the nailing flange?

[​IMG]
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

shower

I do not think I have ever seen one with the nailing flange on the front the way you show it. Most have the flange parallel to the inside edge so it would fasten to that existing wall on the left side and you would make a new wall for the right side.