Install whole home water filter

Users who are viewing this thread

Trettini

Reaction score
I’m trying to install a whole home water filter in my apartment. However my utility room is very cramped with not much room between and around the pipes leading into apartment and the water heater. Please look at pics and let me know if any way to install. My water has lots of chlorine and my daughter drinks a ton during baths — which is why I want a whole home filter. Thank you.

Attachments

• FCB06C23-C987-4941-BE4F-C8C92237C893.jpeg
    FCB06C23-C987-4941-BE4F-C8C92237C893.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 156
  • EC59FCB7-0ABE-44F5-8B46-D63A96AA670F.jpeg
    EC59FCB7-0ABE-44F5-8B46-D63A96AA670F.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 145

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you will get the loop in the picture cut, and the red line indicates the path to the 4.5x10 filter cartridges. You would be best to put in a 3-valve bypass during the install in case there is a problem with the filters at some point.

img_1.png

I am not going to address if those cartridge filters are going to help your chlorine much. Usually for chlorine removal for a whole house, you would use a big backwash carbon filter. The type of carbon would differ depending if your water department uses chloromine or not.

You would want the filters mounted high enough on the wall, but you would want them accessible for changing filter cartridges. They will be medium heavy when full of water.

For an apartment, I suspect the landlord will specify the plumber to be used.

I am not a pro.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks