Inexpensive mop sink

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Spaceman Spiff, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Architect

I'm looking for an inexpensive mop sink for a residential project, but all of the sinks I have found are around $1000. Does anyone know of some that are around $200???
  2. Andy Ring

Andy Ring New Member

Try Home Depot: $97.21

Thought Home Depot had one, so I went to their website and searched on "utility sink" this is what I found:

"40 In. X 24 In. White Double Bowl Utility Tub
    Model 27F $97.21

Sturdy, one-piece molded tub made with structural thermoplastic. Heavy gauge steel legs, included levelers and stopper. 13 in. deep, 19 gal. per tub, 40 in. wide. Leakproof 1-1/2 in. integral molded drain, hooks up to standard 1-1/2 in. S or P trap. Accommodates single or dual handle faucet with 4 in. or 8 in. centers. Meets or exceeds codes ANSI Z124.6, IAPMO listed, Warnock Hersey listed. Smooth white surface, rust-resistant, easy-to-install. Preferred by the pros."

There's a photo of it too. Hope this helps...
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

In most HD you will find in the store a single bowl utility deep sink molded thermoplastic, about $35 dollars.

Keep in mind that many items found on the HD website are just that, WEB-ONLY. You do not find these items in the store.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

sink

I don't know where you are looking, but $1,000.00 would buy aat least two commercial mop sinks, and about 7 residential ones.
  5. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Architect

Let me clarify...

The sink I am looking for sits on the floor, is 6-12" tall and is about 24"x24".

Look here at the bottom of the page...
    http://www.keidel.com/design/select/sinks-utility.htm

The whole idea is to not to have to lift 5 gallons of dirty water up to a waist level sink.

Attached Files:

6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

sink

You are not looking for a residential mopceptor, then. Those and the other similar ones by other manufacturers are usually used in commercial applications. But, that being the case, none of them cost $1,000.00 unless someone is putting a HUGE markup on them. I usually figure about $500.00 and that includes the faucet with with all the "bells and whistles" a commercial installation requires.
  7. Andy Ring

Andy Ring New Member

ebay

Go to ebay, enter the keyword "mop sink" there's a brand new sink there for $20. Its not exactly what you're looking for, but its close and the price is right.

Description: Advance Tabco Comm. RESTAURANT MIB Floor Mount Mop Sink
    This is a brand new, still in the box Advance Tabco commercial Restaurant floor mount mop utility sink Model 9-OP-2-X. This item retails for about $500. The dimensions are: 25†W x 21†D x 10†H. Catalog details on this item can be viewed at: http://www.bigtray.com/productdetails.asp?catid=12000&sku=ADV9OP20#specs We have multiple restaurant/commercial kitchen items up for auction this week, so please be sure to take a look at those as well.

There's another for $399 that's seems exactly what you want, but I'd go for the $20 one personally.