In serious need of help ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

DerekG73

Reaction score
Hi all - new to the forum but see lots of useful information here. Was wondering if I could get some advice/counsel. I've been thinking about putting up a cold storage pole barn on a concrete slab but would like to have an insulated bathroom (with shower, sink, stool), mudroom (with sink) and wash bay with floor drain. I've created a rough layout of this but am looking for technical detail that would help me submit for a building application. I've tried calling multiple plumbers and understandably, everyone is more than busy and no one is interested in 'talking' about a plumbing rough-in without some guarantee of a job :( Attached is the layout...any professional guidance is appreciated!

1658670974666.png

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
That should be plenty to get you a permit. You'll need the water heater to be in a conditioned space unless you're in a zone that doesn't require it.

SheilaF

Reaction score
To add a heated bathroom in the pole barn will require a lot of work. It will be quite a bit of plumbing work. A heated pole barn bathroom must be plumbed exactly like a house. In the pole barn you will have to run a venting stack to the outside, and a condensate drain to the outside. You will also need a drain to capture the shower water and a holding tank in the pole barn. How will you get the hot water to the pole barn – you have to run hot and cold water to the pole barn. That could be expensive. You will have to run a gas line to the pole barn to heat the water.