Identify and Repair Moen Monticello Faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by CraneWing, Nov 21, 2012.

  1. CraneWing

    CraneWing New Member

    Nov 21, 2012
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Hello, I am new to the forum and hope my post will lead to results for a DIY project. A Price Pfister faucet in our bathroom has been broken for years. The kids somehow snapped the handles off the faucet, which still works, but the handles fall off on occasion, and they have become chipped because they have fallen.

    First I need help identifying this Price Pfister faucet model. We bough it from the long gone Home Quarters Warehouse in 1999. I am trying to figure out what internal part(s) I need to fix these faucets, as well as where to get replacement porcelain screw-in handles. Or should I get a whole new faucet system?

    I am hopeful for some constructive advice. I tried posting these at Garden Web plumbing forums and got nothing but sarcastic and hurtful comments, but my browsing of the forums seems to indicate your members can help me.

    Images attached



    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
  2. cwhyu2

    cwhyu2 Consultant

    Aug 11, 2007
    Cincinnati OH
    As far as replacing the stem, parts are readily available.The handles not so much.You would be better off replacing the faucet.
    I like Delta or Moen .
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. jimbo

    jimbo Plumber

    Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    Looks like a Moen Monticello, not PP. In any case, polished brass is on the outs, so replacement handles for an old faucet may be hard to come by. Lets see the cartridge to confirm, then check with moen.
  5. jadnashua

    jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

    Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    You may find parts. If you can swing it, that one is getting kind of sorry so you might want to consider replacing it.
  6. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN. Tell them the handles have broken, and you are the original owner. THey will probably want copies of those pictures to verify the model.
  7. Towers Plumbing

    Towers Plumbing In the Trades

    Nov 13, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
Similar Threads: Identify Repair
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice How to identify a faucet to repair? Jun 8, 2013
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Help identifying shower faucet brand Mar 18, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Please help identify this faucet brand TY Feb 21, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Need help identifying this Pegasus Kitchen Faucet Feb 11, 2017
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Shower cartridge HL40, Need Help to identify this part Jan 31, 2017

Share This Page