Identify and Repair Moen Monticello Faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by CraneWing, Nov 21, 2012.

1. CraneWing

CraneWing New Member

Hello, I am new to the forum and hope my post will lead to results for a DIY project. A Price Pfister faucet in our bathroom has been broken for years. The kids somehow snapped the handles off the faucet, which still works, but the handles fall off on occasion, and they have become chipped because they have fallen.

First I need help identifying this Price Pfister faucet model. We bough it from the long gone Home Quarters Warehouse in 1999. I am trying to figure out what internal part(s) I need to fix these faucets, as well as where to get replacement porcelain screw-in handles. Or should I get a whole new faucet system?

I am hopeful for some constructive advice. I tried posting these at Garden Web plumbing forums and got nothing but sarcastic and hurtful comments, but my browsing of the forums seems to indicate your members can help me.

Images attached sink1.jpg

sink2.jpg

sink5.jpg

sink3.jpg
  2. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

As far as replacing the stem, parts are readily available.The handles not so much.You would be better off replacing the faucet.
    I like Delta or Moen .
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Looks like a Moen Monticello, not PP. In any case, polished brass is on the outs, so replacement handles for an old faucet may be hard to come by. Lets see the cartridge to confirm, then check with moen.
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You may find parts. If you can swing it, that one is getting kind of sorry so you might want to consider replacing it.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN. Tell them the handles have broken, and you are the original owner. THey will probably want copies of those pictures to verify the model.
  6. Towers Plumbing

Towers Plumbing In the Trades