I need wide caulk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Tracy

Reaction score
shelby9@ptd.net :confused: I use to have a wooden box that housed the plumbing for my tub, I didn't like it and I wanted to put a shower head in so I took the box out and built a wall now I have the plumbing supported in the wall and a shower. Now I have a space to caulk that is very wide and caulk keeps cracking. I need HELP!!!! I am ready to scream!!

Jumpyg

Reaction score
Try putting a foam backer rod in the joint before caulking. You should be able to find it at the hardware store or the construction section of Home Depot. You might be able to find 1/4" diameter backer, or just cut some 3/4" backer in half or in quarters.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
gap

Unfortuately, the wall must not have been built "properly" or there would not be a wide gap. If there is any movement you may never be able to seal it properly. A silicone caulk may be strong enough, with sufficient flexibility, to seal it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks