Hybrid water heaters and types of issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Kendrick

Reaction score
I am planning to get a new water heater and would like to get a rheem hybrid, I have seen a lot of complaints/debates of home owners about them but no one specifying if the issues are on the 2010 modles or the current ones. Any information from Installers/service tech's and home owners about the New modles is greatly appriciated. I would hate to spend that much money only to find out they are a money pit.

I like the rheem better due to the fact that it needs less rear clearance than the ge one. I have also found it quite disapointing that neither ge or rheem have working network addons at the moment, rheem hasent even programmed the boards yet. they expect some time late this year or as late as q2 2015. I live where it can get quite cold so im also interested in hearing how the cold weather preformance is.

sempreL

Reaction score
I purchased the rheem 50 gallon hybrid model. It is a DISASTER. The unit began leaking from the top only 2 months after having it installed. Rheem refused to send anyone to come and repair or swap it out (they claimed that there was no one in my area to service it despite the fact that they advertised local contractors in my area who they deal with). They instead told me I had to return it myself to home depot and only offered to reimburse me a small fraction of what it costs to disconnect remove and reinstal a new one! Please stay away. This is an example of a manufacturing company being negligent about what they put out on the market. Read some of the reviews online.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks