How to un-connect a kitchen side spray hose from a plastic fitting under the sink

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Tom Hoffman, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Tom Hoffman

Tom Hoffman New Member

The side spray line "keeper" (where the line comes out of the sink hole) broke. To repair it I need to remove the side spray hose. I can't figure out how to un-do the spray line hose. See picture - this is looking straight up under the sink. It is the black line on the right that goes in to the gray plastic fitting. The silver braided line at the top is the water supply. Any help is appreciated.

Tom Hoffman
    Orangevale, CA

IMG_20121231_113216.jpg
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You push up on that "grayish" ring around the brass stub and then pull the brass stub out., although, I would take the spray head apart, and drop the hose down through the guide.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  3. Tom Hoffman

Tom Hoffman New Member

Thanks HJ. In a million years, I would have never figured that out!