How do I remove this section of pipe?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Chris Hunt, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Chris Hunt

Chris Hunt New Member

I have the nut removed, but it won't budge. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

P1040504.JPG
  2. Obama the Plumber

Obama the Plumber Plumber

It's toast buddy.
    Just reef on that sucker. You might even have to take a flat blade to it and pry the mother out.
    When you replace the p-trap, get a new slip joint nut and washer to thread and seal to the galv nipple.
    You can even replace the nipple if you need to.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

You aren't doing anything "wrong". The inside of the pipe is rusted so the tubing is "trapped". You have to take a screwdriver or chisel and pry between the pipe and the tubing to "collapse" it. Then you can remove the tubing, but do not expect to have an easy time inserting a new piece, unless you ream the rust out of the pipe.

Side note; Obama, hopefully, in a year or so you will have competition for that name and icon.
  4. BobL43

BobL43 DIY Senior Member

lol! NOW THAT IS FUNNY!
  5. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

I second that emotion...lol

DonL
  6. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

I think most of us would like to see that name removed from the Whitehouse. Then we may be able to get back on the right track.

John
  7. DonL

I agree, Then he can become a Plumber, something that maybe he would be better at...

Chris You are not holding your mouth just right. Putting a little CLR on it may help break it loose.

DonL
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  8. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

I think that is a insult to the trade. Maybe he can become shovel ready. (sorry labors didn't mean that as a insult to you) I better get off this subject as my blood pressure is rising.

John
  9. DonL

I am sorry John, Chris and the group. (And Terry)

This should be on Ian's Corner. He must be rubbing off.

If I was talking out my ass, I apologize to all. But you are correct John, Sorry for the insult.

Have a Great Day all.

DonL