How can I increase the temp of my Mix-it valve.

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Gabe, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Gabe

Gabe New Member

I had a new bathroom built in June. All new construction. I noticed that the hot water in the shower is not as hot as the sink. The contractor installed a new Delta mix-it valve. I turned up the temperature at the water heater as instructed by the plumber but there is no real change. What should I do to get the water temperature to increase. :confused::confused:
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

It would help if we knew which Delta Mixit valve you have...
    Can you post a pic?
  3. Winslow

Winslow Plumber

Behind the handle there is going to be a temp limit/ scaldguard stop. adjust it to allow the handle to turn further to the hot position
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

Delta and Mixet are two different companies. Mixet is out of business so I hope you do not have one of those in a new shower.
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Thats what I was thinking...
    A pic would help....
  6. Gabe

Gabe New Member

Delta T13120 Classic Single Handle Tub Trim Chrome
  7. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

8. Gabe

Gabe New Member

Thanks!! problem resolved!!!