House water turned off for 3 hours, house plumbing out of whack - Air in system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jluksic

Reaction score
House built in 1995, "normal" home plumbing for Colorado suburbs, master bathroom remodel this month, contractor turned off water for 3 hours to rerun master bathroom shower plumbing, all very very basic stuff.

Here's the rub: hot water is very inconsistent now. HW temp is fine but volume very low, seems to run out after few minutes. HWH is only 2 years old.

Since master remodel is not finished, I haven't turned on all house faucets to purge air.

So my question is: Is it possible that the air left in the house plumbing system (non-recalculating) can cause peculiar behavior among the HWH and general H2O delivery?

If it means anything, this isn't the first time I've seen this behavior after turning off house plumbing.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
For now, try these:
- remove aerators on all faucets and clean.
If that doesn't work:
- close water main, open hot & cold side of faucets, open drain at bottom of water heater & run until the water is clear..you may have sediment trapped in the heaters inlet or outlet.

Question, is the flow problem isolated to one fixture? or the whole house?

Jluksic

Reaction score
Solved! New Delta shower mixing valves (the Deltas with external vavles) had NOT been installed so system was "recirculating".

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
water

A classic example of not enough information about the job to be able to give a good diagnosis. From your original descsription, it implied that that bathroom was complete, and nothing was mentioned about a Delta body being installed, but was not trimmed out. Our crystal balls were out for their 5,000 guess tuneups at the time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks