House Always Cold/ No Hot Water

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by sal, Sep 17, 2005.

1. sal

sal New Member

I need help guys, I moved in a house where hot water is only available when I put central heating on! and it takes so long to get the hot water after opening tap. And the house is always colder than outside. During winter it is unbearably cold! Is this a plumbng issue? What can I do? Please help! Sal
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

water

Usually it would be a plumbing or heating control issue.
  3. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

install

an elec. or gas fired water heater. no big deal ,sounds like you need a plumber
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Jeez, how long are you willing to go without heat and without hot water? If you own it, yes you need a heating contractor. Sounds like your domestic hot water runs off the boiler, so the two problems are related. If you rent, get the landlord involved right away!