Hot Water Won't Shut Off

Users who are viewing this thread

kbieker

Reaction score
All,

My hot water won't shut off in our bathtub when I turn the handle to the closed position so I have to turn the all water off until I get this fixed. So far, I've replaced the stem assembly and rubber seat/spring with replacements from Delta but this didn't resolve the problem.

I've read some some posts on the web that suggest I should replace the handle and the valve seat washer and I'm wondering if these would be appropriate next steps or should I just bite the bullet and buy a whole new faucet and hire a plumber to replace?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Delta showers can usually be repaired. Perhaps show us some pictures. You may need help, but repairing the existing will save you from having to cut a hole in the front or back side of the wall to install a new valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks