hot water heater for lake water supply

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by tooks007, Jan 6, 2012.

1. tooks007

tooks007 New Member

Hi how are you all? I own a cottage in north stonnington ,ct and i am in the process of trying to find a good size water heater possibly 40-50 gal. and want to know of a good one to use electric and location to place it.the weather can get very cold in the winter time and my farther has his inclosed under his cottage but i notice that the hot water supply is limited if 4-7 people try to get washed and have to wait hours to get hot water again and its december weather. currently the hot water heater that was previously in my cottage from when my uncle owned it was installed in the kitchen but I'm looking for a better place out of site.
  2. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

All water heaters are about equally bad these days unless you add a better anode. Leave it in the kitchen so the waste heat stays in the house. You can go to 5500 watt elements if the wires permit. I run one with BOTH elements on at the same time and heat a house with it.