Hot water feed leaking from boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

Mattyxr66

Reaction score
Hi,

As you can see from the picture the hot water feed to the bath and taps is leaking from the connection with the boiler, i was wondering if i could clean it and re seal it with tape and do the connection back up? I currently have a bucket underneath to catch the leaking water.

Whats the best way to clean it? I have a wire brush but not sure if that would be too harsh on the copper? I have little plumbing experience other than fitting a new sink and thats not really skilled..

Some more info:

The pipe has been corroded for sometime but never noticeably leaked until a few days ago, the hot water system seems to have a problem, if you turn a hot water tap on but not fully open the tap the pressure starts to drop and the hot water pipes start to vibrate and make a loud noise.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 247
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks