Hot water feed leaking from boiler

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Mattyxr66, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Mattyxr66

Mattyxr66 New Member

Jan 30, 2014
    South Yorkshire

As you can see from the picture the hot water feed to the bath and taps is leaking from the connection with the boiler, i was wondering if i could clean it and re seal it with tape and do the connection back up? I currently have a bucket underneath to catch the leaking water.

Whats the best way to clean it? I have a wire brush but not sure if that would be too harsh on the copper? I have little plumbing experience other than fitting a new sink and thats not really skilled..

Some more info:

The pipe has been corroded for sometime but never noticeably leaked until a few days ago, the hot water system seems to have a problem, if you turn a hot water tap on but not fully open the tap the pressure starts to drop and the hot water pipes start to vibrate and make a loud noise.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files: