Help: Worried too much water entering sump

Users who are viewing this thread

cweddie96

Reaction score
Last month I installed a new Wayne combo sump/battery backup system to not have to worry about power outages. Now we have had a "ton" of rain and the water is entering the sump at such a high rate it's as if someone has a faucet running!! The sump pump cycles every 1 minute.

We are in a high water table area and back right corner of yard is the low point in the neighborhood. This is where the perferated pipe starts and then funnels down to the sump in the basement.

Short of major excavation and running an underground storm drain along the side of my house, is there anyway I can reduce the amount of water that comes into the sump basin?:confused:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The sump pump cycles every 1 minute.

Maybe you have it set too low. If set below the perimeter drain, the pump starts every time the basin fills. I set mine up higher so it only starts when the perimeter drain is full so it has about 100 gallons to pump out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks