Help with toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

jod78

Reaction score
Ok, I pulled up a toilet because the bathroom is being tiled. The toilet was bolted directly to the concrete floor with some anchors that were embedded in the concrete. The bolts screwed into these anchors, obviously. I tried like hell to get the nuts off of the bolts to get the toilet up, but the bolts were cut off flush with the top of the nuts ( so they could put those caps on). Twisting the entire bolt itself did nothing. The bolts were just really old and rusted anyways. Anyway I just pulled up on the toilet and yanked the bolts out with it. The sewer line from the toilet looks fine. I don't need to raise anything for the tile, but I'm thinking the best thing here is one of those flanges that I can screw into the concrete and that will extend down into the drain..I believe they have a rubber expansion ring of some sort that will seal up down in the drain.

question: what are these called? How do I install one? How do I secure it to the concrete? any advice is greatly appreciated

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
jod78 said:
... ... one of those flanges that I can screw into the concrete and that will extend down into the drain..I believe they have a rubber expansion ring of some sort that will seal up down in the drain.

question: what are these called? How do I install one? How do I secure it to the concrete?

I believe there are various rubber "donut" bushings that can seal one pipe size inside the hub of another. Pick the closet flange you want to use and measure what it will be going into and sift through the seals on the shelf until you find the one that fits. Liquid soap is one way to ease the process of slipping those kinds of things together.

Some folks use Tapcon screws to fasten things to concrete, and others use lead inserts and stainless screws. The important thing here is that the toilet be held down firmly so the wax seal will not be compromised by tipping.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
ther is a flange on market that is made to fit inside 4"CI only.It has aseal
built in and you thightens with allen screws included.Then fasten tofloor.
if it is lead that would be dif storey

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks