Help with new toilet flange

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by toiking, Aug 11, 2012.

1. toiking

toiking New Member

Hello everyone! My Fernco waxless started leaking after five years. I found out that the ABS flange was not level, below tile, and not anchored.

I removed the outside 4" ABS flange with a drill. In order to install the new flange (inside) correctly I plan to pour cement for anchoring.

1. Since the ABS turn is visible and only partially under concrete, can I pour concrete directly on top? Or should I put a layer of sand in between?
    2. For concrete, can I use Quickrete water-stop cement?
    3. Which flange type is better in the long run? Pure ABS or ABS/Stainless steel? Or should I use the gasket type since the drain may be crooked??

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    I hate to say this, well not really, but I think you "screwed up". IF the turn is tht close to the end of the pipe, you do NOT have enough pipe to make a good seal with an internal flange, nor do you have enough pipe to make any kind of external connection either.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. toiking

toiking New Member

The top of the turn to lip of the outside ABS is 4.5". Is that not enough?