Help with new toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

toiking

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My Fernco waxless started leaking after five years. I found out that the ABS flange was not level, below tile, and not anchored.

I removed the outside 4" ABS flange with a drill. In order to install the new flange (inside) correctly I plan to pour cement for anchoring.

1. Since the ABS turn is visible and only partially under concrete, can I pour concrete directly on top? Or should I put a layer of sand in between?
2. For concrete, can I use Quickrete water-stop cement?
3. Which flange type is better in the long run? Pure ABS or ABS/Stainless steel? Or should I use the gasket type since the drain may be crooked??

Attachments

• 8-10-2012 11-37-51 PM.jpg
    8-10-2012 11-37-51 PM.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 446
  • 8-10-2012 11-36-17 PM.jpg
    8-10-2012 11-36-17 PM.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 411

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I hate to say this, well not really, but I think you "screwed up". IF the turn is tht close to the end of the pipe, you do NOT have enough pipe to make a good seal with an internal flange, nor do you have enough pipe to make any kind of external connection either.

toiking

Reaction score
The top of the turn to lip of the outside ABS is 4.5". Is that not enough?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks