Help with bathroom situation please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Erick Didonato

Reaction score
Update on pictures. Please look over and give some feedback or blessings. Thank you. I appreciate it alot. I’m in the IPC jurisdiction.

1) The one problem I have is I need the toilet to really hug that side of floor joist to make my measurement off the wall for toilet install. This tells me that I may have to take a chunk out of joist to get the other fittings downstream to fall in place for their perspective locations on that wall. I will have to take a chunk out of floor joist for the wye & 45 degree sweeps to align. Is it necessary to rotate up the wye fitting in this picture for drain/venting slope?

2) all of the fittings shown in picture are really close together is there a minimum drain arm length or can I just keep all these connections within a small window as shown?

3) the 3x3x2 wye is for the washing machine which is going on wall for other room which will have a p-trap and vent off the sani tee 2x1.5x2 sani tee for wet venting which will go into attic area as a 1.5 pipe.

4) the 3x3x1.5 wye is the venting for the toilet. I believe it’s called dry venting. It will eventually go up the wall into attic and tie in with washing machine vent which will be attic as well.

5) toilet is the 4x3 closet elbow type.

Attachments

• IMG_1490.jpeg
    IMG_1490.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1489.jpeg
    IMG_1489.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1482.jpeg
    IMG_1482.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 98

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Plenty of YouTube videos on floor joist boxing for plumbing. If you can move the wall over couple of inches, it could save a lot of work

Last edited:

Erick Didonato

Reaction score
Plenty of YouTube videos on floor joist boxing for plumbing. If you can move the wall over couple of inches, it could save a lot of work

Thanks for the feedback on the joist boxing. I will not be able to move any walls around my wife would kill me lol

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your dry vent needs to be vertical. It can't lay on its side which is probably why it was wet vented through the lav proir. I suggest you find a way to repeate that while inserting your new wye for the washer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks